During class, we do our best to ensure that the critical ideas presented are clear to you and that you retain them. However, sometimes it can be difficult to determine where your gaps are immediately. Sometimes a few days will go by before you realize that one point or another did not "stick".
The assessment and learning resources are intended to help you determine what you understood, what you didn't, and how to best remediate your gaps.
The learning resources provide videos and articles to review to solidify your understanding of design patterns.
Take the Design Patterns post-assessment to test your knowledge of what you have learned. This assessment has resources attached to any question for which you might have had trouble.
- Code Qualities Quiz: Coupling
- Code Qualities Quiz: Testability
- Code Qualities Quiz: Cohesion
- Code Qualities Quiz: Programming by Intention
- Code Qualities Quiz: Redundancy
- Code Qualities Quiz: Encapsulation
- Principles and Practices Quiz
- Principles and Practice Quiz: Encapsulation Construction
- Commonality-Variability Analysis Quiz
- Patterns Quiz: Gang of Four and Strategy
- Patterns Quiz: Various Patterns
- Design Patterns Assessment: Thinking Questions
About the instructors
Scott Bain is a 40 year veteran in computer technology, with a background in development, engineering, and design. He has also designed, delivered, and managed training programs for certification and end-user skills, both in traditional classrooms and via distance learning. Scott teaches courses and consults on Agile Analysis and Design Patterns, Advanced Software Design, and Sustainable Test-Driven Development. Scott is a frequent speaker at developer conferences such as JavaOne and SDWest. He is the author of Emergent Design which won a Jolt Productivity Award. He is a co-author of Essential Skills for the Agile Developer.